Thursday, September 8, 2011

THANKFUL THURSDAY






This is my first time linking to any party. Ever. I'm not even sure I know how to do it. But I thought there wouldn't be a better blog party for me to chose as my first to link to. Megan is a fellow Kentucky girl that is pregnant with a baby girl named Harper. I have followed Megan's blog for quite a while now. I can't wait for her to have that precious baby girl and to share pics. :)








The Linky Party is called THANKFUL THURSDAY. And I know I have tons of blessings in my life to be thankful for. I almost don't know where to stop on my list. I could go on and on. But I guess I will narrow it down to a few things so I won't bore you to tears.












  • MY FAMILY
    I have to start off by putting my family on here. I am SOOO blessed with the husband and boys I have. I have a husband that works hard for us and is very involved in the lives of our boys. And my boys, they are such good young men. All 3 of them get good grades, are well mannered, and never fight. Okay, I might have lied through my teeth on that last one. LOL But 2 out of 3 ain't bad, right? ;) And I'm very proud of my 17 year old for holding down a job. He has saved up the money to buy his own car (it's not new, but it's new to him). And he buys all the things he needs for himself. And he will occasionally come home with a little something for his little brothers.






  • My HOME
    My house might not be everything I want it to be, but it's ours. I love where I live and I love that this house has been in my family for so many years. I love the yard we have. It's getting that time of year when we have a weekly fire outside at night. We roast weinies, and make smores. All while we sit and hang out with our kids. Can't get better than that.





  • MY HUSBAND'S JOB.
    This one, you will find me complaining about at times, but I'm really thankful for it. He changed jobs at the first of the year and now works 5 minutes from home. He is still on night shift, but without all the travel time that he had with his old job, it seems like he is home twice as much as he used to be. When I complain about it, it's because he took a pay cut to work there. And with my layoff, it has made things extremely tight around here. But in the end, it's worth it to have him home more. The boys are LOVING having him around as much as he is.









  • BEING A SHAM (if only for the time being)
    I am so enjoying this time in my life. I love being home during the day while my kids are at school. I am able to spend time with my husband since he is on night shift. We have been attempting to work on our house and get it the way we want it. We aren't very good at the DIY thing, but we're learning. Baby steps. It's a beginnging. I love that I am home to cook and have a hot meal waiting on my boys when they get home from school. I love being able to sit down at the table and have all of us eat together. Which doesn't get to happen every day since the oldest works, but it happens more now that it ever has!

    Okay, I suppose I will end there for this week. Now I will see if I can figure out how to post this on Megan's linky thingy. LOL

1 comment:

Blissfully Burton said...

YAY! You played! I'm so glad! :)

Love your posts! You must be one awesome Mom to have such well behaved teens!! :)

Thanks for playing! Glad you are back to posting some more!!